The Opportunity: Louisiana State University – Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Renovation to an existing building resulted in the creation of the Laville Food Emporium, an upscale residential dining located between the East and West residence halls. To reflect the innovative design and customized dining options the hall is now renamed “459 Commons” to coordinate with LSU’s flagship agenda to improve facilities and campus life for students.
Create an upscale dining hall experience for students providing a restaurant-like atmosphere with sophisticated hands-on food preparation areas, but still having the comfort of a home kitchen.
Project Value: $8,184,000.00
Combined Sq. Footage: 30,000 sq ft.
• Renovations include giving the dining hall a sleek appearance with a contemporary design featuring earthen colors, wood floors, pendant lighting, stainless steel and mosaic tiles.
• Restaurant-style seating options, including pub tables with stools, large tables, booths and bar counters.
• New meeting rooms, plasma televisions and wireless Internet access throughout the facility.
Extended dining hours and more menu offerings with the ability to customize personal choices in the following venues:
• My Panty will be personal a with hands-on food preparation area with meals cooked-to-order by students themselves. The area will resemble a home kitchen with groceries like cereal and kitchen appliances such as waffle irons
• Bakers Crust will allow students to select from a variety of specialty sandwiches, wraps and paninis, as well as a variety of fresh-baked goods such as muffins and whole-grain breads.
• Fresh Market will offer both hot and cold options with soup and salad bars buffet-style in a walk-around layout.
• The Kitchen will offer prepared entrees, grilled items, and ethnic cuisine and vegetarian and vegan options. It will also offer pizzas baked in a Woodstone oven and will have chefs cooking on display in front of students.
• Brand name vendors Taco Bell and Pizza Hut Express that will stay open until 2 a.m.
Project Manager: Stanley Jackson for Legends Group
Back to Portfolio Gallery